Wednesday, November 12, 2008

CMA Awards


Tonight I have the house to myself....it is QUIET! I have some things that I need to get done (supper dishes, make lunches for tomorrow....), but then I am going to take a long, hot bath and get settled in to watch the CMA awards ! Brad Paisley (oh MY!) is hosting the show this year (along with ........what's her name).....yippee! Karen called me last night in a frenzy-to tell me that he was on dancing with the stars....singing "ticks"! I may have rubbed off on her a bit-lol! I have every one of his CDs-I have been a fan since the very beginning! I have to say, I do not like ALL of his songs...he's got a couple of "doozies" that I wish he'd left off of his CDs (alcohol ,bigger fish to fry...)! I wish he would have stayed true to his original style and only make wholesome, sweet songs....but, I skip the couple bad ones to get to the good ones. My FAVORITE song (I think) is "Ain't Nothin' like"-just a great, song about the simple things in life! His newest CD-titled "Play" is awesome! He can play the guitar like "no body's business"!! It is mostly instrumental-but I really like it! Anyhoo...before I get myself in any trouble with Brett (he does not listen to ANY secular music-and he knows that I am "gaa gaa" over Brad!)...I'd better stop! :) Anyway...I have been going FULL speed today and I did not get a chance to rest at ALL! I am gonna Tivo the awards-in case I do not "make it" through them!

No comments: