Wednesday, November 5, 2008

2:54 am

It is now 2:54 am as I type this. I am up this late (or early!) for 2 reasons. #1 being that I fell asleep early last night (thanks to that new prescription the doc ordered my to take 4 times a day!-NOT happening again!) and #2...since I did not get to see the election results, I was tossing and turning (in dread..fearing the worse), so I figured I just get up and look for myself. I think it is a sad....sad day in American. I can not express how disappointed I am in our country and the "Christians" who helped vote in such an evil man (yep.....I said it! EVIL! All you have to do is take ONE look into his eyes, with the discernment of a..........tree!). Now what? I pray that God has mercy on His people. And I pray that we are not here much longer to see the results of such a tragic decision our fellow Americans have made! God was not surprised by last night's election...... I am going to look at this as our pastor does...he said that GOD appoints leaders-it is there..in the Bible. However, on Sunday, our pastor said....(I am not quoting him-but giving you an idea of what he said)-He could appoint one who He uses to continue to pour out His mercy or He could appoint the one He uses to pour out His judgement. I guess God has had ENOUGH! Can you blame Him? Slam me if you want to.....I am really not up for debate!


it is NOW 8:17am...I have thought about the situation our country is in and I am enraged by everything I see or hear from the media-so I turned the TV off! Several things anger me....#1 being how everyone keeps saying Obama will be our first "black" president-when we could just as easily say he is a "white" president...right? Half is half now matter which side of the half you are on! I am not racist IN ANY WAY...if you know the work that Brett and I have done in the inner cities of our area..you would be assured of that! But...I have found myself becoming more and more angry over this whole mess and that is one thing that I would like to remind everyone! This election should NOT have been about race...if I had voted simply because a candidate was white...that would make me racist! And if you voted for a candidate simply because he was 1/2 black....that would make YOU a racist! So, I have been praying (for weeks now) for God to help me see the situation through HIS eyes and not allow me to become bitter.......or racist (that was really tough for me to say!). This morning...I felt like I got an answer from Him. God spoke to me and told me to hate the SIN not the sinner...to hate the blindness, not the people who are deceiving! People really are blinded and I am asking God to break my heart for them, and to help me pray for them to have their eyes opened. The Bible says "be angry and sin not"...well-I am furious and I am asking God to help me direct that anger to the SIN of our nation...not to the people who are the sinners!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

EVEN THOUGH I GOT UP AT 4:30 YESTERDAY MORNING I WAS LIKE YOU I COULD NOT SLEEP. I THINK THERE IS GOING TO BE CHANGE ALRIGHT, BUT NOT THE CHANGE AMERICA IS LOOKING FOR.

Anonymous said...

I think their eyes will be opened. He said he is going to bring our troops home as soon as he get's in. When other countries see that we back down I am sure we will see life threw diffenent eyes.

Sherri Walker-McCann said...

The president of Afghanistan has already given a speech on how glad he is that Obama was elected! I wonder how long it will take americans to realize that they made a grave mistake! My guess is..not very long! :(