Monday, October 6, 2008

Weight Watchers


I went to my meeting this morning and I lost 2.6 lbs this week! I had hoped for more but I will take it!! I did not walk as much last week as usual-I had a lot of morning appts last week and I have found that if I do not get my walk in FIRST thing in the morning-I usually do not get it in at all! By the time evening rolls around I am tired and I just want to be with Brett and the kids. This week I have several morning appts too-but I am going to try really hard to fit in a walk each day!


The WW meeting was on "soup" this week-we discussed several different options for making low "point" soups and the benefits of eating soup. Oddly enough, I had already planned on making my "southwestern chicken soup" for dinner tonight! I got the recipe out of my low fat cookbooks years ago, and it has become a favorite! And for ONLY 17 "points" for the ENTIRE batch of soup (which feeds my family for at least 2 meals!), it is a real "points" bargain!


In case you are interested.....here is my modified version of the recipe-


10 boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins

3 quarts of water

5 chicken bouillon cubes

1 jar of salsa (mild,medium, or hot-depending on your taste)

1 box of "Rice-a-Roni" Spanish rice


*Boil the chicken, until cooked.

*In a large pot mix the chicken, water,bouillon,salsa and entire box of "Rice-a-Roni".

*Bring to a boil

*Boil for 3-4 minutes

*Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes (or until the rice is cooked)

*Serve

Yields 18 (1 cup) servings


YUMMY!! Can't wait for supper tonight!

No comments: