Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pics from our fire


Tonight we spent the night out by the fire-it is one of my favorite things to do! It is so relaxing and it is great "bonding" time for our family! Once we came in, I cut Brett and Bubba's hair. I have cut Brett's hair since we have been married-it saves us a lot of $ since he does not have to go to a salon. I have cut the kids' hair since they were little too-they girls have actually been to a salon a few times-but mostly I keep up with it. I USED to cut my OWN hair, when it was short! I have messed it up royally-more than once! Although.....once just after I had cut it , someone stopped me at a store and ask me where I got my hair done......now that I think about that...that may not have been a GOOD thing! LOL! Why did I get started on that? Anyhoo..I am gonna stop ramblin' and go take a bath! I smell like SMOKE from the fire!







Bubba in his hockey "get up"!

2 comments:

michelle said...

Your family is so sweet! It's great that all of the kids can enjoy each other and have a good time with momma bear and pappa bear. I am so thankful to the Lord for the girls that HE has blessed me with. So many teens, that I know, want nothing to do with their parents. We are blessed! It is so nice to open your blogs and read about what is going on in your life. Refreshing, encouraging. Also, gives me a chance to know how to pray too! =] Now...I need to get 'me' one of those fireplaces, very cool~~or should I have HOT! LOL

Sherri Walker-McCann said...

Michelle, thank you so much for your kind words..and for praying for us! it really does help me knowing that there is someone praying for us!
We bought our fireplace at Sam's club for $99.00 about 6 years ago and it has been money well spent! The whole family loves it! I am afraid that Spencer should not be around it anymore though :(. Last night his asthma kicked really bad once we got inside! I felt terrible! The fire has not bothered him in the past-but for the past several months he has had a really hard time with his asthma. We give him daily breathing treatments as well as albuterol as needed-I am not sure what it going on with him! Anyhoo-I felt "mommy guilt" in a BAD way last night :( .
I hope that my kids turn out like yours and still want to be around us as they continue to grow up! That is something to be really proud of!