Wednesday, July 30, 2008

GNO

Last night was my last "Girls' night out" for a while :(. Although, I like the way Brett put it, in the note that he left out for me last night, (along with my pjs,water,my towel....I know that I am spoiled!) he said "don't look at it as your last night out with your friends for a long time but rather your last night out with them while you are in so much pain." I guess that is one way to look at it. We went to "The cheesecake factory" and then Karen and I went to see the musical "Mama Mia". We had a really great time with lots of really "rich" conversation at supper. I have said it 100 times...but I am so glad that God has given me my sisters! Karen is now on her way from Clearwater (where she lives) to New Port Richey (where I live) to go with me to my pre op appt, in Tampa,this morning (ON HER DAY OFF!)-even after we stayed out until 1:00 am last night. She is amazing-I feel kinda bad that she is going with me-I feel guilty:( , but I am really glad that she will be there for me! We will be there all day long because I have 2 appts back to back. I have been to so many docs appts by myself and I can never remember half of what they tell me and it is going to be really nice to have a friend there for me this time. Thank you Karen!! She has even made me up a "hospital survival kit" to take with me for my stay at TGH-I thought that it was really sweet-she even put a huge chocolate bar in it that has a "emergency chocolate" label on it. Anyhoo... I will let everyone know how everything goes today.

1 comment:

Tara Sloan said...

Praying Sherri... let me know how it goes... believing with you and Brett for a speedy recovery!!!!