Friday, April 3, 2009

How I spent my day..

I took full advantage of my Birthday today. I woke up to breakfast in bed...(ok, I must admit, I get that every morning!), the kids gave me their homemade cards (those are the BEST!) and they gave me the gifts that they got for me. The girls bought me a gift certificate for a mani/pedi and Spencer got me the "entertainment book" (he's been wanting to buy that for me ever since he saw it at Walgreen's months ago!). Spencer has turned into quite the coupon connoisseur! He was so excited for me to get a book FULL of coupons! He said "this is the best day of my life!".....?? Anyhoo, then I went to the gym and worked out (which really is a GIFT that I gave myself!), then I went into the steam room, hot tub and sauna....ahhhhhh! Once I finished that I came home and had lunch with Brett. After lunch I went to cash in my gift certificate..I now have some majorly HOT pink fingernails and toenails! I have not had a mini/pedi in at about 3 years! Thanks girls...I REALLY enjoyed that! Tonight, Brett made me one of his famous paninis for supper and then we went to see the tigers, monkeys, pony at the traveling "animal thingy". Now, I am heading for a super long, hot bath! Thanks for all the birthday wishes that you have all sent! I am looking forward to Sunday, Brett and I are going out on a "date" to celebrate! I get to go shopping and then to dinner with the love of my life....it just doesn't get any better than that!

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

Happy birthday! It sounds like you've had a great day, nothing beats a birthday spent with family.