Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Today's shopping trip

Get a FREE sample of "DnD" coffee! (Thanks Michelle!)
Dunkin' Donuts. Dunkin' keeps me blogging. Try Dunkin' Donuts Coffee For Free. Get a Sample
Last night's class was so much fun....I loved seeing the expressions of the ladies' faces when I told them some of my tips! I really hope that they will "run with it" and save their families tons of money....and have extra to share! I meant to share a few of the scriptures that I carry in my coupon box....but I pulled the card out the night before and forgot to put it back in. So, since all of you now have my blog address-I will share them here!

"He who gives to the poor will not lack, but he who hides his eyes will have many curses." Proverbs 28:27

"He who earnestly seeks good finds favor....." Proverbs 11:27

"He who has pity on the poor lends to the Lord, and HE will pay back he has given." Proverbs 19:17

These are a few of my favorite verses to remember when I am able to bless someone with the "seed" that God has given me!

On to Today's grocery trip!
Here are a few of the great deals I got a Publix:

Ken's steak house salad dressing-b1g1 free, price= $2.99/2, use -$1.00 off 2 coupon and they are 2 for $1.99!

Campbell's select harvest soup-b1g1 free, price= $2.39/2, use -.75 off 2 coupon and they are 2 for $1.64!

Kellogg's Special K cereal bars-b1g1 free, price=$3.19/2, use -$1.00 off of 2 coupon and they are 2 for $2.19!

Betty Crocker fruit snacks-b1g1 free, price= $2.49/2, use .75 off of 2 coupon and they are 2 for $1.74!

Dannon Yogurt-on sale for 10 for $4.00, use -$1.00 of 10 coupon and get 10 for just $3.00!

Smart balance butter spread
-b1g1 free, price=$2.89/2, use -$1.00 off of 2 coupon and they are 2 for $1.89!

Here is an example fo how using your coupons on clearance items can be done. Publix has a store coupon for $5.00 off 2 boxes of Loreal hair color. Loreal has a $2.00 and 1 box coupon as well. At my Publix there was some of the Loreal hair color on clearance for $4.00 per box. So, since I bought 2 boxes it cost $8.00, but then once you take off the $5.00 Publix coupon they are $3.00 total, take off the $2.00 off EACH box coupon from Loreal and they are -$1.00! Now.... the color is dark brown and I will never use it-but since I got it for FREE (or better than FREE!) I bought them anyway and I will find someone who will use them!! Let me know if you are interested!! Another reason why you should clip EVERY coupon....even if it is a product that you do not use!

My total today at Publix was $142.00 and I saved $104.22! Not as great as last week but not too bad-huh? The guy in line behind me stood there amazed as the cashier started taking off my coupons and once I paid he looked at me and asked "just how much did you SAVE?". I told him "$104.22" and he said "What!? Are you serious?" then he said "I wish my wife would learn how to do that!".We were just discussing last night if people get frustrated with me or not, and I have to say that I get more reactions like I did today then any negative reactions! BTW-because the store was really busy, the manager was running a register and I went in his line, HE even made a comment about how much money I saved and how he was just starting to use coupons himself! So, that should put your minds at ease a bit......the MANAGER rang me up and he did not have any issues at all with my coupons!! I told Brett that I need to make up some business cards and when people are stunned by my total, I will hand them a card and charge them for a "private lesson"....lol!

No comments: