Friday, November 14, 2008

MRI

I am home from my MRI appt. I am so glad it is finished! Ya'll know how much I hate those things! I prayed through the whole thing! I prayed for my Sister and Brother and I prayed for Liz's Sister and Brother in law. It helped me to keep my mind off of being in the "coffin" (as I call it!) Liz came over for coffee this morning-I really enjoyed having her over and getting to know her better! She was a "life saver" during my recovery...she took me and Bubba to his doctor's appt and she came over several times and just sat with me all day! I know that it helped me to stay sane during my bed ridden days! THANKS LIZ! I really have enjoyed spending time with her.

Yesterday Bubba and I made some "Chex Muddie Buddies" together. We were at the grocery store and Spencer saw a box of "Corn Chex" cereal....he said "Corn flavored cereal....that sounds like it taste good!". So, I bought a box and we made the muddie buddies together as a treat. He loves to help out in the kitchen and it was something fun for us to do together-since it was just the 2 of us at home. When the girls got home they wanted to know what was IN them...but I told them it was a secret recipe and only me and Bubba could know. Of course Maddie just HAD to know (sound like anyone else we know? LOL!) and she got it out of him! Anyhoo-these things are sooooooo good! If you have not tried them-makes some today-they are seriously delicious! Here is the recipe...since Bubba already revealed our "secret recipe"!

9 cups of Chex cereal (corn, rice or wheat...or combo of all)
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar

Put measured cereal into a large bowl.
In another bowl microwave chocolate chips, PB, and butter-uncovered for 1 min.
Stir and microwave for about 30 more seconds-until mixture is smooth.
Pour mixture over the cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
Pour into a 2 gallon Ziploc food storage bag
Add powdered sugar, seal bag, and shake until well coated (I added some extra sugar after shaking it the first time)
Spread onto waxed paper (or cookie sheet) to cool.
Store (yeah right!-There will not be any left TO store!) in and airtight container in the refrigerator.

It is a simple, easy recipe that the kids can help with and it makes a great lunch box treat!

No comments: