Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My "bright" idea

Jodi brought over our supper tonight-it was soooo good! It was "taco shells"-it was those large pasta shells stuffed with ground beef, salsa...... and topped with cheese and crushed tostitos. YUM! (Thanks Jodi!) All of this yummy food that we have been eating gave me an idea. Once I am better, I want to set something up with my "gal pals" where we cook for each other-just because! I figured that one of us could bring a meal to one person, then that person would then bring a meal for the next person the following week or month or whatever we decide. Tanya and Jodi are already on board-none of the others answer emails (hint, hint)! Anyways, it has been so nice to try new foods and get new recipes and every mom knows how hectic supper time can be-I thought it would be nice to just not have to worry about it every now and then! I want everyone to experience being "spoiled" like I have been!
One time, several years ago, we all got together and tried the "cooking once a month" thing-we all went to Karen's and spent the entire day cooking-then we froze the meals so we could just heat them up. Some of the meals went over very well, and it made supper time easy, but some of the other meals did not go over well with my family. We did have "bonding" time though-so it was worth it just for that! Maybe we should give it another shot girls?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2 lbs ground beef
1 pkt low salt taco seasoning
1 pkg low fat cream cheese
24 jumbo pasta shells
1/4 c. melted butter (I used 1/2 olive oil)

Salsa
Shredded cheddar, mont. jack or other fav.
crushed tortilla chips
sour cream
green onions

Cook beef, add seasoning according to directions. Add cream cheese and heat until melted. Chill for 1 hour. Cook pasta by directions; drain; add melted butter to keep from sticking. Fill shells with meat mix, place in sprayed pan, top with salsa. Cover and bake for 30 min @ 350 degrees. Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and chips. Bake another 15 min. Serve with sour cream and onions (optional).

It makes 2 pans!