Thursday, July 31, 2008

Date night and my sisters..

Brett is on his way home and we are headin' out for one last "date" before my surgery. We are going to dinner and to Starbucks-then we are going to rent a movie and snuggle up and watch it together. I am really looking forward to spending time with him-things have been so busy and I am ready to just relax and enjoy some time together.

I just got a call from one of my "sisters" (Tanya)-I am just amazed at how they have pulled together to prepare a schedule for helping me out after my surgery. They have thought of everything! My church is providing 2 weeks of meals after my mom leaves and my friends are picking up where they leave off. Tanya has even stepped up and offered to do my grocery shopping every week and Karen has jokingly offered to come shave my legs :) -I bought some "Nair" instead! I feel so blessed to have friends like them. I know they all have busy lives of their own-they are mothers, they work, run their own houses,................ and yet they have taken the time to consider me. They have "stepped outside themselves" and put themselves into my shoes and I feel like that is an amazing quality! Thank You-I love you all and you will never know how much your kindness means to me!! sniffle...sniffle

No comments: