Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Medical update



Today I had my Chiropractor appt. Last week I had 3 x-rays of my spine and today they gave me the reports. Nothing new to report about my neck or low back but the mid-back x-rays show that I have several bone spurs-he said there were 7 major spurs and also several smaller ones. I knew that something was going on there-hopefully I will get more info next week when I have the 3 MRIs. Basically-he tells me, the spurs are my bones trying to fuse together so my spine will have enough support. Because of the degeneration on the disc there is not enough support. I think it is amazing how God created our bodies to recover and heal itself-but I hope to stop the spinal fusion before it is completely fused and I lose the range of motion. I will keep everyone updated on my MRI results next week. PLEASE pray for me-I will have to be in the "tunnel"(feels more like a coffin!) for 2 & 1/2 hours on Tuesday! I have panic attacks every time I have to have ONE MRI-but it is going to be even harder to have 3 in a row! They said that they will try to get them all done on Tuesday but if I can not handle it they will have to reschedule them. I really just want to get all the tests over with and on to the treatment so I can be well soon-please pray for me!! Thanks!

1 comment:

Tara Sloan said...

You will be in my prayers! We serve a BIG God!