Sunday, April 27, 2008

Letters from God

Today our pastor preached from Jeremiah 29:11. I thought I would share a story with ya'll about the way God confirmed this scripture in my life one day. I have already told many of you about this but I thought I would share for those who I have not already told. It happened several months ago-I was having a really hard day. I was in so much pain that I could not do even the mundane tasks that were on my list for the day! I tried to go to the grocery store but I had to leave because I was not able to reach and bend to get the things I needed. I was even having a really hard time walking. When I get like this I get so frustrated! I am a independent soul who hates asking for help with ANYthing! I feel like I am just "taking up space" when I am not able to care for myself and I am not able to do what I need to do. Well, this one day that I had to leave the store, was hard for me. I just could not see God leaving me in this place. The scripture Pastor used in his sermon came to me that day and I began to pray it over and over and over again that day. I just kept saying "God, you know the plans that you have for me, they are plans to prosper me and not to harm me, they are plans to give me hope and a future!" I just kept saying that out loud all day and I am began to sing the scripture that says "He who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it". I must have repeated those two scriptures hundreds of times! I did not relieve my pain but it gave me HOPE for a better day! Well, I just love the way God confirms things and He speaks to us-the next morning I was obligated to go to a meeting for moms-in that meeting the mothers were doing a craft. They were painting and decorating picture frames. One of the moms there asked if I would like to make one as well. I was still in a lot of pain and I really did not feel like doing it so I said that I would just take the materials home and I would complete it another day. When they finished the frames they passed around a stack of papers-each one had 2 verses on it, they were supposed to pick one and put it in the frame they had just made. Well, I was sitting at the end of the table and once the papers were passed to me I just took the one off the top and passed them to the next person. When I looked down at the scriptures that were on my paper I began to cry. Wouldn't you know it!? Both of the scriptures that I had been praying the day before were printed on that paper! There were only two verses on it-and of all the verses that could have been printed on it BOTH were on the same page ! I felt so relieved that day-I felt like God had heard my cry and that He confirmed that He really does have a plan for my life and I have a future, a hope. It is a sad thing to lose hope-once you have lost it there really is nothing left. That day, God gave me my hope back-I am not healed YET but I have hope that one day I will be and my future is in His hands. I am always humbled when something like that happens-when God-the God of the entire universe, stops to listen to my cry and confirms to me that He hears me. Why is it that we don't cry out more to God? He really is there and He really does hear us!



I never did make that frame but I did come home and put both the scriptures in frames.

No comments: