Monday, March 31, 2008

Date night!

Last night I had the honor of going out on a date with my "Prince Charming". We try to go out on a date once a month but sometimes life and money prevent us from being able to. April is my birthday month so we sold some books on ebay so that we could go out and celebrate! Our date started out by my husband taking me shopping to buy some new clothes (I LOVE new clothes!!). After stopping at a couple of stores, and buying a pair of capris, shorts and a top, we were off to dinner. Brett surprised me by taking me to the "melting pot" (my FAVORITE-but very expensive, restaurant!). We had a beautiful, candle light dinner in a cozy little corner table that Brett requested. We then had to stop by walmart to pick up some shipping supplies (to mail the books to our ebay buyers)-while we we deciding on the size of the box we needed-Brett points up to the "bubble wrap" and says so sweetly "I need to wrap you up in bubble wrap because you are so precious" (what can I say.... The man really does try! :) From there we went to the beach and watched the sunset-it was a beautiful night, the weather was perfect and the sunset was breath taking! Then, we went to Starbucks and we sat and talked while we had our coffee (we lingered over our coffee, trying to time it so that by the time we got home the kids would be asleep :) ). I think it was one of the most amazing dates that I have ever been on-it was just perfect! I had such a good time with my price charming! I am so happy that, after 13 years of marriage, we still love to spend time together. I still miss him when he is at work, he still comes home for lunch everyday so that we can eat together. Brett has stood by me,through all of my health issues,he never complains about having to sometimes do more than his share of housework(he does laundry,dishes,scrubbing....) he works 2 jobs, takes time EVERY night to play with our kids and help them with their homework, (he is an amazing daddy!), he gives me a full massage EVERY night, he leaves me love notes, calls me during the day to tell me that he loves me and that he misses me, brings me my coffee and breakfast in bed EVERY morning...........I am so blessed to have him in my life. Sometimes, I think to myself "God must love me just a little bit more than all the other women in the world-because He chose to give Brett to me".

No comments: